1. Tell us about yourself & how long have you been in this career?
I have been working now for 15 years as a Hair Makeup Artist and about 4 years as a Freelancer. I started at the age of 15 years old, and I knew that I wanted to pursue this career at the age of 13. I have always been passionate about fashion and aesthetics.
2. Which type of skin is a challenge to work on?
It’s very important to moisturize and hydrate your skin. So, until unless the skin isn’t enough hydrated it’s a huge challenge for makeup application.
3. Which celebrity has been the easiest to work with, thus far in your career?
In India celebrities are more like friends. I love working with DP & her organization. I absolutely love their sense of aesthetics.
4. Bright Eyes and Nude Lips or Bright Lips and Subtle Eyes?
I feel there is no code. Why not bright eyes & bright lips as long as the combination of color and products is right?
5. When working with celebrities, what is the most common request or requirement that you need to take care of?
I have learned to listen and to read in between the lines, at times. And that’s I think of as a special requirement needed in the job. Don’t go for what you feel like doing but go for what will make the celebrity look the best on their special occasion.
6. Does maintaining or preparing the skin before the wedding has an impact on the makeup look? Is so, how?
I think everyone must have a ritual on a daily basis. Working on the sling just before the wedding won’t do much change to it. But ideally do take care of your skin every day by just washing it from the pollution and applying a day mask and night cream. Hair and skin go hand to hand. Taking care of your hair is something we must do on a daily basis. Now there are a lot of good products in the industry that work magic.
7. How should brides-to-be care for their hair?
I feel the brides nowadays are trying to be more fashionable and not too typical. So the makeup follows with the function and the outfit. But of course, we can always break the culture by adding a fashion touch to it.
8. What is the latest trend in makeup for this wedding season?
For the wedding season smokey brown & smokey black will always be in trend. I like to keep it very fashionable and modern. I also see lots of brides going for simple looks. And they like to do some of their functions with nudes & very natural makeup!
9. Struggles you have faced in the industry?
I haven’t faced any struggle. Work is life, life is work.